Quantcast

Anything Under The Sun Ads

Free counters!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My First Hosting Of Foreign Tourist




I have my experience of hosting a foreign tourist last July 10, 2009 when Derek Imai, a Canadian of Japanese descent with his daughter Abe pays us a visit to travel and wander around the Philippines' marvels and to visit Abe's playmate in Baguio City. They arrived at 5:30 pm but still look enthusiastic to roam around and see places. Abe after a while of rest, quickly ran outside to play with kids and ride a bike. She is friendly and can easily adjust to her environment while Derek go around and talk to our neighbors, getting to know each other and learn something from them. Both of them are outgoing, friendly and felt at home with their new environment. When its already late, they went inside and I talk with them and and kids in after awhile dinner is served with rice, noodles, fish. They like it since they eat the same food back in Canada. At 9pm, Abe went to sleep first while I chat with Derek about Canada, the current events in the country, and any interesting things about sports and entertainment while we watch tv a comedy show Bubble Gang, Philippines' most hilarious and longest running comedy show. I showed him the photo album of our family and tell them a short description of it. It's already midnight when we slept. The next day its raining hard so Abe with her playmates stay inside and chat but Abe wonder why they stay outside when kids back in Canada go and play outside when its raining. I explained to her that parents don't allow their kids to play outside to prevent catching cold and fever. After awhile when the rain is almost over we were asked by mum to buy something for lunch in the market so I bring Derek and Abe with me and the rest of the gang to roam around and see our little town of Alimodian, a small sleepy laidback town of 39,000 people located in the southwest Iloilo, Philippines. We return then they eat for lunch before leaving for Cebu. Although they only stayed for a day but for me it's an experience of a lifetime. An experience which is worth remembering and worth learning from. In return, I can visit or even work and live in Canada in the future and hopefully I coud visit Derek and Abe which once become my visitors and my friends!

No comments: