E. Trivia per Season
Season 16 - First season that have back-to-back Roadblock in the same leg (leg 10)
- First season that got a placement reversal that not at the final leg (leg 8)
- First team to perform a Speed Bump and come in 1st in the same leg (Jet & Cord, leg 8).
- First season to have a fight at the Finish Line.
Season 17 - First season to cross the Arctic Circle.
- First season to have two female teams to come in 1st and 2nd respectively.
- Least amount male contestants in the final three, 1. (Tied with Season 11)
- First season to only have one U-Turn mat in the entire season ever since its introduction.
- Most number of all-female teams, four. (tied with Season 25)
- No married teams.
- Brook is tied for the second most quoted racer for the episode titles: 4 episode
Season 18 - First season broadcast in high definition.
- First season to have an automatic U-Turn.
- First season to have the first episode end with a cliffhanger.
- Most parent/child teams in a single season, 4.
- First season to have only one Speed Bump in the entire race.
- First time the whole series has back-to-back female teams winning the race (Nat & Kat from Season 17 and Kisha & Jen from this season).
- First time there are back-to-back Roadblocks in the final leg.
- First season with no rest period legs (legs 1 and 4).
- Most number of teams who have been U-Turned in a season, 4.
- First season to have same-sex African-American teams to come in 1st and 2nd respectively.
- Least amount of couples in love in standard format: 2 out of 11 (tied with All-Stars (2014) - 2 out of 11; although it is debatable whether or not Tara & Wil and Tim & Marie from Season 2 and Season 23, respectively, should be counted as "in love" giving their separation and divorce status, as well as Tara and Marie's poor on-screen treatment toward their partner, which would change the ratio to 2 out of 11 teams).
- First season to not feature a married team.
- First season that no one is eliminated in the first leg.
- From 1st place to 4th place, the number the legs the team won became their placement. (eg. 1st place Kisha and Jen won 1 leg, 2nd place Flight Time and Big Easy won 2 legs, 3rd place Gary and Mallory won 3 legs and 4th place Zev and Justin won 4 legs)
- The first four teams eliminated were all from the same season, Season 14. Ironically, Kisha & Jen, the only surviving Season 14 team, ended up winning.
- Many of the teams in Unfinished Business were eliminated in a similar fashion to their original season:
* Amanda & Kris being U-turned in their original season, and U-turned again this season
* Luke stumbling at the Roadblock in his original season, and again this season, costing his team.
* One team member from Ron & Christina messing up at a crucial Roadblock in both seasons
* Kent & Vyxsin are eliminated in fifth place.
* Gary & Mallory got trouble with direction at the early of the leg in both season
- All the teams that made it to the final leg in their original season were eliminated back-to-back from leg 5 until leg 9 (leg 8 was a non-elimination leg).
Season 19 - First season to introduce a Hazard.
- First season to have a Double Elimination.
- First season to have tablets used in the U-Turns, removing the usage of the "Courtesy Of" photos.
- Fourth season to features all male-female team in the final three after the back-to-back chain from Season 5 until Season 7, coincidentally all the final three teams were involved love relationship among their own team member.
- First season to have U-Turns on back-to-back legs.
- Second season to eliminate multiple teams in the same country (Ethan and Jenna, Ron and Bill & Kaylani and Lisa, all in Indonesia). The first was The Amazing Race 8 were seven teams eliminated in their home country, which was the United States.
- First season since All Stars to have four non-elimination legs (Including the one double length leg between leg 9 and leg 10).
- Only season after Season 18 to have no teams participating again in All-Stars (2014).
- The final four teams dominate the leg wins in this season, (Andy & Tommy with 6 wins, Ernie & Cindy with 3 wins, Amani & Marcus with 2 wins, Jeremy & Sandy with 1 win)
Season 20 - For the first time ever, one team would be forced to fix their mistake before they could check in at the finish line. Rachel & Dave missed the Roadblock.
- First season which both teams survived a double U-Turn in the same leg (Brendon & Rachel and Vanessa & Ralph).
- Second season to not feature a parent-child team since The Amazing Race 11.
- First season to have a Speed Bump and a Fast Forward in a same leg (Leg 10).
- First season since Season 4 to have more than two Fast Forwards in the entire race.
Season 21 - First season where all the countries visited have been previously visited before, therefore having no new countries visited.
- First season to have the second slot of a Double U-Turn used on the team who used the first U-turn twice.
- First season where the Finish Line took place indoors.
- This is the first season to have an episode end in a cliffhanger but not be a Superleg.
- Least amount female contestants in the final three, 1. (Tied with Season 1, Season 4, Season 9, Season 16)
Season 22 - First season to have two Switchbacks in the same season.
- Final season to have the usage of tablets in the U-Turns.
- Second season back to back since Season 21 where no new countries has visited as all the countries visited have been previously visited before. (This is because French Polynesia was part of oversea territories country of France.)
- All teams on the 2nd Flight in Leg 1, with the exception of Matt & Daniel, were in the top five placing teams of the season.
- All teams on the 1st Flight in Leg 1 were in the first six teams eliminated.
Season 23 - 2nd Largest Gap between one country's visit in a season and its previous season's visit - Portugal, which was previously visited in Season 3 (20 seasons); tied with Season 25 for their visit to the Philippines, which was previously visited in 5. It was eventually beaten by Namibia, which had its first visit in Season 2, and its second visit in Season 26 (24 seasons).
- Fifth season where the final three teams are male-female teams after Season 19, coincidentally all the final three teams were involved love relationship among their own team member.
- Third season consecutively since Season 21 where no new sovereign countries were visited, as all the countries visited in this season have been previously visited before. (Season 22 featured French Polynesia, an overseas territory of France.)
Season 24 - Illusionist David Copperfield appeared in the first Roadblock for the teams in Las Vegas
- First time that a team without a pre-existing relationship competed on The Amazing Race.
Season 25 - Keith & Whitney's inclusion makes this the fourth time a pair of former Survivor contestants crossed over to The Amazing Race, following seasons 7, 11 and 19.
- This is the second season to have four all-female teams (after Season 17).
- This is the first season to award The Save.
- This is the first season where the Express Pass is not given by Phil to a winning team.
- The is the first to have four finalists instead of the standard three.
- This is the first season since Season 11 to have four non-elimination legs
Season 26 - This season featured the Race's second visit to Namibia, which breaks the record for having the largest gap between one country's visit in a season and its previous season's visit, which was previously visited in Season 2 (24 seasons). The record was previously tied with Season 23 for Portugal, which was previously visited in Season 3 (20 seasons), and Season 25 for the Philippines, which was previously visited in Season 5 (also 20 seasons).
- This is the first season ever (including international versions) to not feature a single female or family team.
- This is the second season to not feature a friend team (after Family Edition) and the first 2-person season to do so.
- Monaco is the smallest country (in terms of area) visited by the Race with 2.02 km², surpassing the Unfinished Business' visit to Liechtenstein (160 km²).
- This season has the most number of teams without a pre-existing relationship (5 teams), as well as the only non-All-Star season to do so.
- This is the first season since Season 13 to feature a Detour on the first leg.
- This is the first season in the original American version to feature a U-Turn on the first leg.
- Tyler is the most quoted racer for episode titles: 5 episodes
- Every team that was spared on a non-elimination leg was eliminated at some point on the following leg.
Season 27 - This is the first season ever (including international versions) to not feature production-provided vehicles involving self-driving.
- This is the second season where the Starting Line was opened for public viewing, following Season 25.
- This is the first season since Season 4 to feature a Fast Forward on Leg 1.
- This is the first season where the Express Pass won by the winning team must use it before the end of the 5th leg. Upon usage of the Express Pass, the winning team must hand it over to another team, who must use it on the next leg (5th Leg).
- This season featured the Race's second visit to Zambia, which broke the record for having the largest gap between one country's visit in a season and its previous season's visit, which was previously visited in Season 1 (26 seasons).
- This is the first American season to have 2 Roadblocks and a Detour in one leg (Leg 6).
- This is the first American season to have 3 legs with U-Turns (Legs 4, 9, 10). Additionally, this is the first season to feature a single U-Turn since Season 16.
Season 5 - Introduced the Yield
Season 6 - Introduced the double-length leg
Season 8 - Family Edition of 4 members
Season 10 - Introduced the Intersection
Season 11 - Introduced the All-Stars edition featuring returning favorite teams, and a new team that began dating after their first season
Season 12 - Introduced U-Turn and Speed Bump
Season 14 - Introduced Blind U-Turn
Season 15 - Introduced the Switchback
Season 17 - Introduced the Express Pass and Double U-Turn
Season 18 - Unfinished Business, featuring returning teams who lost their first race and wanted to prove they could win
Season 19 - Introduced Hazard and Double Elimination
Season 21 - Introduced the Double Your Money prize and the Blind Double U-Turn
Season 22 - Introduced a Second Express Pass that must be given to another team
Season 25 - Introduced the Save and Blind Detour; first season to feature four teams racing in the final leg
Season 26 - Featuring 11 dating teams, including five teams meeting in person for the first time at the start of the race called Blind Dates
Season 27 - Introduced a single Express Pass that must be given to another team once used, and the recipient must use it in the following leg; first season to feature three U-turns
Season 28 - Featuring 11 teams of notable social media personalities.
G. Special Mentions
Most Efficient Teams - Jet and Cord (Seasons 16, 18 and 24) Rob and Amber (Season 7 and 11), Leo and Jamal (Season 23 and 24)
Most Loved Teams -
Most Hated Teams - Brent and Caite (Season 16), Rachel and Dave (Season 20)
Bitchiest Teams - Carol and Brandy (Season 16), Rachel and Dave (Season 20)
Villain and Meanest Teams - Carol and Brandy (Season 16), Rachel and Dave (Season 20)
Worst Teams -