Quantcast

Anything Under The Sun Ads

Free counters!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

How does single parents raise their children?

I wonder if single parents can still pamper themselves, enjoy the things they want to do, do their favorite hobbies/ activities, travel around the world and other things even if they have kids to raise.


One single parent with one child, that’s a family. In society, just about everything is blamed on single parents and broken homes, and it’s really sad because it’s just not true. The most important thing is not the number of parents in the home, but the parenting. We always ask people, ‘Don’t you know single parents who have raised great kids?’ So instead of thinking, “We are a broken home,” say, “We are a single-parent home”— it’s just a different kind of family. I think a lot of being a successful single parent lies in your perception. By that, I mean single parents often think it’s more difficult for them. It’s so easy to think the grass is greener on the other side, and yet when you have a two-parent family, your spouse might not be that supportive: There’s usually one parent that prefers to be more strict and one that’s more lenient, and then they fight about who is right. A big part of changing your perceptions about single parenthood is if you see your situation differently. Try to see your family’s situation as an opportunity rather than a negative. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying there aren’t any difficulties in being a single mom or dad, but there are advantages to keep in mind as well.


I think you can still enjoy yourself as a single parent, but no parent can travel around the world, with my first daughter i was a single mum for the first 5 years, and my mum would look after her about twice a month and i would go out with the girls let my hair down, but theres still that responsibility that i know i can't get completly drunk as i'll have to wake up at 6am the next morning. With a hubby its alot easier he'll take the girls away to the park on a saturday morning and i can have the morning to myself to get away from things, do a bit of shopping and things.


Personally, I wouldn't wish is upon my worst enemy. Even with a husband at home it can be hard, especially those long lonely nights up with breast or bottle feeding and a sick or grumpy child. The financial side if you were a single parent I imagine would be a huge challenge.
I have a couple of friends doing it alone, and they don't really get much time for themselves - they do find time, but it is not easy - having support from other family members would be crucial or a huge help in that situation.
It depends on the person, I guess some single parents handle it all really well, and others just fall apart.
If it is a situation where you need to get away from a bad relationship with the father, then I would leave and bring the child up on your own.

But if you just want a child for the sake of having a child - then I would not recommend it at all.


One of my friends is a single mum. She lives at home with her parents and while it's not at all easy, she works at her job and school and does what she can for her daughter. The father does help out a lot though. From what I hear, he's a great father, but he and my friend just didn't work out.

Babysitters, daycare, family... they help out. And they can still do things, but they are limited. Any couple with child(ren) are limited. I don't even know a married couple with small children that travel the world or anything like that.

Children are a blessing, but a major responsibility. You've got to sacrifice the life you could have had, in order to truly enjoy the life you are blessed to live with your child.


single parents do everything in the same way conventional parents do yes they still get to pamper themselves sometimes its nice to include the kids in it too tonight me and my 13 year old daughter are having a pamper night baths nails pizza a movie lots of unhealthy food and a night of loving ourselves we also go to the hairdressers together and my 8 year old and we enjoy each others company we travel we recently went to paris you cant be selfish travelling alone but then i find even 2 parent families don't travel alone i love being a single parent


I am 23 have a 2 1/2 year old & have another on the way, I am single. I work 8 am to 5 pm 5-6 days a week. My hair, finger & toe nails are always done. I go to the gym 2-3 time a week. Go on vacations. I pamper my daughter as well. My daughter is happy. I am happy. yes single parents can pamper themselves. they just need to learn how to do it with a baby on your arm


No one with kids travels around the world, unless they have great kids and extreme patience and tolerance. And of course a single parent can still pamper themselves and enjoy the things they want to and do their favorite activities. Its called daycare. Or a babysitter.


I don't know about travel because of financial reasons but the rest yeah. Eventually. But the hardest job is raising the kids as the role of both mom and dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah.. its hard because they bear kids at early age but they becoming use to it and actually become a hero to theri own homes even single handedly raising the kids